What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your browser. They tell us about the how you use our website but they don’t contain any personal information about you. Promise.
We use them to see who is visiting our website, how long they stay for and what they look at. Pretty standard stuff.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
Our own cookies
- Remembering your search settings
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than by not using our site, but you don’t want to do that. We’ve spent loads of time making it nice for you.
Third party functions
- Google Analytics
- Microsoft Clarity
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
Cookies from other companies & social networking websites
During your visit to the site you may notice some cookies that are not related to Ride Shotgun. This happens when you visit a page with content embedded from a third party (e.g. YouTube videos) or use some of the links to social networking sites (e.g. Share This). These websites may place cookies on your computer. Ride Shotgun does not control how a third party uses their cookies. You should check these third party websites’ privacy policies for more information about their cookies if you are concerned about this.
Turning cookies off
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer or stop future cookies then look at www.allaboutcookies.org
Removing and disabling cookies
If you do not wish to accept cookies on to your machine you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, this will affect the functionality of the websites you visit. For more help on how to disable your cookies or delete them visit www.aboutcookies.org