Head of/Lead Video Editor
- Location: Leeds
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Closing date:
Ride Shotgun is a bit different. Not only are we one of the fastest growing strategic brand, activation and production agencies in the UK but we think big, go big creatively and deliver big in production to deliver fully joined-up brand journeys for clients of all shapes and sizes.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of/Lead Video Editor to join our Leeds team. As Lead Video Editor you are passionate about storytelling through moving images; from snappy gifs to compelling long-form, you approach the art of editing with imagination and innovation whilst ensuring the highest quality is met at all times. Our clients and their customers live and breathe a cross channel retail world, it’s complex, sometimes confusing and the goal of the video editing team is to help enhance their experience.
We must remain current, relevant, retail savvy and always effective. The team is responsible for taking the lead with technology, kit, talent and process within our business in order to produce the very best content while staying true to our business objective of maximising profit while partnering long term with our clients.
- Responsible for taking the lead on driving edits through from concept through to delivery across a broad range of styles and industries to meet the creative requirements and the highest quality standard.
- Continuously strive to understand the tone of the brand, industry, challenges and competitors by utilising storyboards, scripts and support from directors, videographers, producers and designers.
- Demonstrate creative flair and passion for storytelling with high attention to detail.
- Manage own edit workload within the agreed budgets and deadlines on a daily basis.
- Act as the gatekeeper for all edits leaving the team to help ensure all assets worked on are produced to a consistently to a high standard and meet the brief.
- Maintain an overview of the creative and technical execution of videos being provided to help correct mistakes or make improvements before work reaches the client.
- Work closely with Project Director on resource forward planning, prioritising workloads across the department and matching editor talent level and experience to the appropriate job.
- Report monthly on the performance of editors on their jobs.
- Advise Producers on accurate timings and processes when projects are being costed to ensure that we sell the appropriate/accurate amount of edit time and ensure that budgets are in line with this and adjusted correctly.
- Drive efficiencies across the department and help find solutions to help to resolve issues, escalating appropriately any problems that you cannot resolve alone.
- Take the lead on the production of assets for internal purposes.
- Develop guidelines, cheat sheets and briefing templates for editors and the wider department to utilise to help maintain quality consistency.
- Develop and establish appropriate asset management working practices for the naming and storage of files, including retrieval and storage of files from freelancers working remotely.
- Championing efficient practices across the team, leading by example, and providing motivation and support across the team on a daily basis.
- Check in daily with both permanent and freelance editors on their performance and help to ensure everyone has the tools and knowledge they need to complete their work.
- Assess training needs and implement a plan for continuous improvement and development.
- Working with Producer/Project Director/Infrastructure Director to ensure there is enough desk space and machines where required for any freelance editors who need to work from the office.
- Regularly assess equipment across the team and if necessary put forward an appropriate business case.
Who are we looking for?
- You will have expert knowledge of video editing techniques with a high level of skill in motion graphics, grading and colour correction.
- Excellent skills and knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Highly creative and act as a guardian of high-quality output.
- Methodical approach to work with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage, coach and coordinate team members.
- Experience as a video editor.
- Confident communication is essential to present work to clients and team members.
- Track sourcing and sound mixing.
- The flexibility to work with a wide range of sectors in both B2B and B2C .
- Attention to detail and the urge to drive projects forward essential.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong communication and excellent stakeholder management skills.
WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We expect all our team members to share the same behaviour and culture code as Ride Shotgun, check them out below!
WE MAKE IT HAPPEN
- We own it – we want to feel proud of the work we do every day. So, we step up, we crack on and we take responsibility. And when we do that, our infectious and genuine passion for our work shines through.
- We are on it – “that’ll do”, won’t do. We expect a lot more of ourselves and each other. As a result we’re a proactive, driven bunch with a “can do” attitude, who love nothing more than spotting a problem and sorting it.
WE RIDE AS ONE
- No drama – we’re all in this together. We look out for, and after, each other. No questions asked. We understand each other and respect each other. We work brilliantly together. No drama. No egos. Nobody being a dick. I’ve got your back, you’ve got mine.
- Know-how – we work as one team, recognising and respecting each other’s skills and capabilities. We trust each other and we know there’s always someone in the team that will know the answer. It’s in our nature to collaborate because we know that when we work together, amazing things happen.
- Be curious and creative – curiosity is our superpower. It drives us to dig deeper. To look at challenges from every angle using left and right brain thinking. Leave no stone unturned. There might be an idea or insight under it.
- Have guts and glory – we’re fearless in challenging the accepted norms. Brave enough to do things differently. To take risks and try new things. And if that means challenging clients, ourselves and each other…So be it.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
The opportunity to make a real impact and be instrumental in shaping the future of a new, ambitious, and exciting agency. You’ll work with some of the world’s best brands and the region’s best talent to produce award winning creative work.
In addition, we offer a competitive salary and additional benefits including:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Your birthday off.
- Additional holidays through salary sacrifice.
- Enhanced paid sick leave.
- Cycle to work and Tech & Home schemes.
- Private Health care – with access to 24 hr support on a variety of topics, fast access to GP services and much more!
- Gym discounts.
- Personal accident/accidental death cover.
- Profit share scheme.
- Discounts portal with access to thousands of retailers.
- Refer a friend or client scheme.
- Regular social events – including a weekly pub quiz, monthly team lunches and the BIG summer and Christmas parties!
Does this sound good to you?
Applicants should be within commuting distance of our Leeds offices. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV and cover letter.
No agencies please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
Ride Shotgun is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).